Meet Penny the Hedgehog…
Our friend’s adopted a new pet. Her name is Penny. Penny is a Hedgehog.
There is something about Penny that makes me grin. (Just look at her picture and tell me the corners of your mouth don’t start to curl up.)
It is more about who she is as a Hedgehog than her 13 ounce cuteness that makes me marvel. As I learn more about Penny, I realize that we have a lot in common.
1. Penny needs hands-on attention and love before she will trust or be tamed.
2. Penny is a “foodie”. Only the best high quality foods for this Hedgehog. A high fat, high sugar diet will make her so big she won’t be able to see her toes and living life to her fullest Hedgehog ability would be impossible!
3. When caring for Penny, one must use the finest of bedding. None of that cheap stuff for this sleeping princess! A tired Hedgehog makes for a spiky Hedgehog.
4. When the temperatures outside get frightful, Penny likes to cozy down in a warm and protected space to get away from the busy animal kingdom. Hedgehogs are hibernators in the winter months but will play all day and night in the temperate seasons.
5. Penny has a coat of stiff, sharp spines. If scared or attacked she will curl into a prickly and unappetizing ball that deters most predators. Need I say more?
Now that you have met Penny, what part of her story do you relate too?
*This blog is dedicated to Ellie. The best Hedgehog owner I know!