If you are a Seattle sports fan, you may be following our future hope. The return of the Seattle Sonics and the building of the new Sonics Arena! All led by sports lover and native Seattleite, Chris Hansen.
Anyone can be a lover of sports and a native of Seattle, but Chris Hansen is different. He is a visionary leader – a person who lives and acts on BIG vision.
Here are some characteristics that I have observed and admire about visionary leaders like Chris Hansen.
1) Warren Buffet said, “In looking for people to hire, you look for three qualities: integrity, intelligence, and energy. And if they don’t have the first, the other two will kill you.” Visionary leaders lead with integrity, character and class.
2) Visionary leaders look beyond the naysayers to their true audience.
3) In the book, Spiritual Leadership, J. Oswald Sanders wrote, “The person who sees the difficulties so clearly that he does not discern the possibilities cannot inspire a vision in others.” Visionary leaders expect and anticipate road blocks, having a contingency plan beyond their first strategy proposal.
4) Visionary leaders are thankful and gracious with those they work with, remembering that nothing is accomplished by one person’s actions.
5) Visionary leaders NEVER QUIT! They have a determined patience that stands the test of time.
Do you have an arena size vision?
1) Do you live a life of integrity and character 100% of the time or only when it is required by the people around you?
2) Do you know who your audience is?
3) Do you have a contingency plan for the road blogs that will come in your path? Or, are you willing to find another way through to your destination?
4) In what tangible ways do you acknowledge others for the support they offer to move your vision forward?
5) Think about the past? What determined your failure or success in achieving your vision?